Winter is a peaceful and mesmerizing time to explore Yosemite. It’s hard to beat freshly fallen snow and sweeping granite cliffs for a quiet walk around the valley. A visit to Yosemite doesn’t have to break the bank. In fact, visiting in winter will bring you some of the best deals of the year.
- Stay two nights and get FREE lift tickets*. When you make a reservation for two consecutive nights midweek, you’ll get two free lift tickets to use during your stay. Even at regular rates, Badger Pass is an affordable family vacation, but the Stay 2 Ski FREE program makes it even more of a steal.
- Free shuttle bus service to Badger Pass. Save gas, let someone else deal with snowy road conditions, and gain some flexibility for your family by taking advantage of the free Badger Pass Ski Area shuttle bus. Buses depart Yosemite Valley early morning and mid-morning for Badger Pass, and then return early afternoon and late afternoon.
- Every kid in a park. In honor of the National Park Service’s Every Kid in a Park program, current 4th graders can get a free Badger Pass lift ticket when they complete the NPS program, plus 25% off lessons and rentals. The whole immediate family is also included with 25% discounts on lift tickets, rentals and lessons.
- Military Discounts. Active military personnel and veterans ski free at Badger Pass. During non-peak season dates, they also receive free equipment rentals and group lessons. Plus, they are eligible for great discounts to pass along to immediate family members.
- Ice Skating Rink. Gliding across the ice rink below Half Dome is a traditional Yosemite winter activity that can’t be missed, and it doesn’t cost much. Skate rentals are available, and remember to bring a few marshmallows to roast over the fire pit for the ultimate winter experience.
- Ranger-led walks and snowshoe hikes. Ranger-led walks provide a great way to connect and understand parks any time of year. In the winter, NPS rangers also lead daily snowshoe walks from the A-frame at Badger Pass to help people discover the amazing world of winter. Snowshoes are provided for the walk, and if that taste only whets your appetite for more snowshoe exploration, snowshoe rentals are available around the corner at the Nordic Shop. No experience is necessary. Donation requested.
*Limitations apply. Please visit the website for more details.