DNC was specially recognized for the following efforts:
- Offering employment opportunities to those who lost their jobs due to the fire at the Pizza Factory in May 2012
- Dedication to local, sustainable and healthy food options in Yosemite
- Recycling program: In the past 10 years, DNC has recycled 6,946 tons of material and another 8,517 tons of material has been diverted from landfills through composting and reuse. In 2010, DNC collected 250 tons of organic waste and over 300 tons in 2011
- GreenPath® – DNC’s award-winning environmental management system that was ISO certified in 2001
- Professional and caring way DNC reacted to difficult situations
“It is an honor to be recognized by the Mariposa County Chamber of Commerce as Business of the Year,” said DNC Parks & Resorts at Yosemite President Dan Jensen. “Part of our core mission is to provide stewardship and hospitality in special places, and this award is an honor and tribute to our dedicated associates for providing memorable Yosemite experiences for millions of visitors each year.”
The Mariposa County Chamber of Commerce also recognized Ron Iudice from the California Mining and Mineral Museum as Businessman of the Year. Karen Cutter of Ladybug Embroidery was named Businesswoman of the Year and the organization, SCOPE (Sheriff’s Community-Organized Policing Effort) was recognized as Volunteer of the Year for all of their service, from managing parade-day traffic to family safety programs.