Enjoying a Wine Tasting Seminar in The Ahwahnee’s Great Lounge
This week marked the first session of The Ahwahnee’s Vintners’ Holidays event taking place over a series of eight sessions from November 4 to December 6, 2012.
Vintners’ Holidays allows guests the opportunity to rub elbows with vintners and fellow enthusiasts with a reception; educational tasting seminars; and a five-course gourmet dinner prepared by the culinary team at The Ahwahnee in which they expertly craft each course to complement the presenting wines in a fun role-reversal on the more traditional wine pairing. Winemakers will bring not only new releases but limited and rare vintages as well.
“People are generally interested and receptive, relaxed, and the venue itself is beyond extraordinary. Being there itself is very special,” says Randall Grahm of Bonny Doon Vineyards.
Many vintners have participated multiple years, and returning for the 2012 season are boutique producers such as Karly Winery to such widely-recognizable names as Silver Oak Cellars and Ravenswood Winery. New wineries joining the festivities this year are Hatcher Winery, Ancien Wines and Lasseter Family Vineyards.
Join a fun group of fellow winter sport lovers for a start of the season celebration. The Yosemite Winter Club is hosting their annual Pray for Snow Party and Gear Swap at the Garden Terrace in Yosemite Lodge on November 16, 2012 at 5pm. The $25 entry fee includes:
- A delicious BBQ style dinner (cash bar)
- Annual membership dues – including benefits such as 50% off lift tickets at Badger Pass, ice skating, winter rental gear, discounted Badger Pass season passes, discounted Yosemite Winter Club events and more – not to mention the warm fuzzy feeling of knowing that you’ll be part of a winter sports tradition that dates back all the way to 1928, and you’ll help support local youth participation in winter sports.
- Cool Yosemite Winter Club SWAG – coasters (free) and pint glasses ($5/each)
- Chance to win one of 30 free lift tickets to Badger Pass Ski Area
- Warren Miller films to get you even more excited about the upcoming season
Plus, this is a great chance for you to clean out your gear closet – or maybe find that piece of equipment that you’ve been looking for – at the Gear Swap. Drop your gear off at 3pm for the swap (there’s no charge to drop things off), and you can either sell on consignment, donate the proceeds to the winter club, or pass it along for free.
We’re all getting excited for the upcoming ski season, and we just got a nice base layer from the recent snow. If you’re getting excited about the winter season too, be sure to stop by and visit the Badger Pass Ski Area booth at the Fresno Ski Club’s Annual Ski Swap and Sale this weekend. The event is Nov 9 – 11 at the former Border’s Book Store in River Park (110 El Camino Blvd). Stop by to purchase season passes and enter for a chance to win a five-night stay at The Ahwahnee complete with breakfast, skiing and other Yosemite winter activities. Badger is also offering season passes and ski lessons in the raffle.